Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's 9:15 on Saturday morning and my brother is now 29. Do I call him and wake him up to wish him a happy birthday or do I let him sleep in. If your into the blog thing then you already know how much he enjoys sleep, But he loves me too right :)? Ah what to do.

People talk so frequently of sleep and how much they enjoy it. Bill Cosby relates it to a good steak. His retelling reminded me of mom. He said he wouldn't tear into sleep with long and loud log cutting action, but more soft and subdued humms and murmurings of fondness. Regardless Joseph James, Bill Cosby, Sis Karla and many others in great company love sleep. I think I don't.

We all know I'm a hopeless romantic, but if Julie is going somewhere in the morning and I wont see her for a while, I like her to call and wake me up. I want to hear her say good morning and encourage each other at the beginning of the day. Sometimes when friends are over and work is looming on the horizon there is just to much gold lying in those hours to sell them to sleep.

Yes, Lord, You've made us fearfully and wonderfully, but I do long for the day when this body will be made new. When rest and regeneration will not be needed and I can spend every drop of eternity with You, You're wonderful people, and the angels.

9:22... I've waited long enough. Goodmorning Sunshine!!!

1 comment:

Joseph James said...

Our UIL competition really put a kink in your day! lol That's what you get!!

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.