Thursday, February 01, 2007






Joseph James Ouellette








On Saturday February 3, 2007 my brother will be a score and nine years old. I have met men with twice as many years and not half as much wisdom. Somewhere along the way that wisdom revealed itself in the value of passion. And so what ever work it was that his hands found to do, he would sacrifice of himself, and it would resound in excellence. So often he quotes an interview that he conducted with Terry Creekmore. He would tell the story of asking Bro Creekmore about his calling into ministry, he loved the reply. 'I don't really know that God ever called me. It was just that I saw a need and knew I could do it. So I did.' There is no better description of the principal foundation of Joseph James Ouellette than that. If there is something that HAS to be done, he can do it, will do it and probably do it better than you.




If you have a mission field of 6000 students you can count on him to spend years toward creating an organization to try and reach them. If your church has been uncounted in the work of reaching children while others are taking advantage of the opportunity you wont even need to solicit his response in ministry. There are not ways to convey the depth that my brother will pour himself into a masterful job of baking an apple pie or sharing the word of the Lord.






Along that 29 year wisdom illuminated the path of knowledge. If you have something to share then share it. You will find in Joseph a mind that is ready to hear what you offer. You may get it back, and you may not appreciate what he did with it, but you won't have to think long or hard to find the truth in his reply. Oh how aggravating when you are arguing and you know that you have been exposed... how well I know that feeling. Overcoming what some would have considered obstacles Joseph James is a man who seeks understanding, gives it the attention it deserves and shares it freely with those around him.


I guess I will leave you with this. I find in you, Joseph, a picture of a man. A man who seeks to fulfill the role that God has revealed to him. A man who does truly know the meaning of success and refuses to seek after the cheap imitations the world portrays. A man who will lead. A man who will follow. A man who knows where he falls in between the two. I love you. Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Linda Elms said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH! This post is almost to personal to comment on. The love between two brothers is a great relationship to see. Ya'll are both very special and you are instruments in the hands of God that He enjoys using. God Bless you both!

Gene Holley said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph! I agree with the great points that your brother makes about you. You have a creative mind as many people do. The difference is that you can take the thoughts and make them into reality. You have the ability to create what comes to mind. You are being and will continue to be used mightily for the Kingdom. Keep it up - even in your "old" age!

Misty said...

Happy early Birthday Joseph! Great post Jason, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the great things about Joseph.

bouellette said...

So absence does make the heart grow fonder? (((Just kidding))) You are so sweet and wish you could be here for the big 29. Just one year away from the other one that we can't even mention because it is sooooo far away.

Tammy Bryant said...

Happy Birthday Joseph! Your brother did a great job of describing you to a a tee. You definitely have a get it done and get done correctly spirit and it shows beautifully.
Have a great day! Bro. Jason -- you are masterful at presenting your brother, the words exude pure brotherly love, thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Joseph James said...

This year I keep thinking about all those who I will not be sharing a birthday with. In spite of God 'stealing' you away to Ft. Worth- I am glad I still have my brother. I love you.

Keith and Carla said...

Ahhh...this is too sweet! I love it when siblings are close like this. Happy belated birthday, Joseph!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.