Monday, January 15, 2007

I have had a new beginning. I have recently changed homes, changed jobs, and changed churches. I have started fresh and new. I remember the thoughts of a high school junior who searched for himself a little differently. I had analyzed what I thought being cool was all about and why some kids had it, why I didn't. It just had to be the time they spent together. They interacted at football games and dances, clubs and organizations, and so many other things that I rarely attended because a youth function or church service fell on the same night. I wanted to be cool. I decided to join them. I entered every club and organization I could. I made every excuse in the book to be a part of anything and everything at Wichita Falls High School. I found my name recognized. I found a number of 'friends', but I also found my soul wanting. At the end of that year there was a high school junior that wanted a new start. He wanted a new opportunity to set the priority. To be what he was raised and taught and knew to be. It would just make it easier. If I could go to a new school I could start over. I wouldn't have to listen about the 'old' Jason...

Well here I am. A new start. I don't have quite the same motivation for a new start. Not at all. But Lord, I want to approach it with a similar vision. One that says I have the opportunity to be all that You have shown me to be in this short life. I don't want to ignore my past and all the ways my lessons have been learned, NO not at all. But I do want to take all the newness that I have woken up to this last week and embrace it for the wonderful and merciful gift it is from God. I am starting a life with the most wonderful woman that God formed for me. I am joining a church led by a man led by God. There is a family of believers that have welcomed and loved me and believed in me without question. I am starting a job when I can lead as I see fit with no question or regard to mistakes made. Thank You Lord. Thank You for my new beginning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May it be all that you want it to be. You are amazing. Love you bunches.

Gene Holley said...

The book continues...a new chapter is born. The Word tells us that we are a book read of all men and I have enjoyed reading the chapters of your life so far. So I, like you, are looking forward to the twists that will come in the new chapters of your life. God sure knows how to build a plot! We're reading.

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.