Sunday, January 28, 2007

There are times when I lie in bed before sleep succumbs me and I think. Think, dream, call it what you may, but my mind wonders off into a world of ideas. One of my most recent ideas was a restaurant.


I think I'll call it Cookies & Milk. The sign would be a bold all capitol "cookies" while the ampersand and "milk" will be in some fancy script overlapping. The idea is a simple clean sit down restaurant, where every meal comes with dessert. And dessert is always Cookies&Milk. I like the idea of a restaurant with few choices. So I'm thinking you don't have a lot of choices. The sou chef will make cookies without nuts and cookies with. Oreo's will be available for the kids or the kid in you. Maybe go with Chocolate or White Milk, Skim for those who are kidding themselves, and there you have it.


I've thought a lot about the other menu items as well. Again I like the idea of utter simplicity. Perhaps a Single sheet menu that changes daily. My wait staff would be pleased with a total of ten choices. One choice will be the sandwhich. One day turkey and avocado on a nine wheat bread another brie, lettuce and tomato. Other choices include steak, chicken and pasta. Every day the dish a little different, but always the same price. And always including Cookies & Milk for dessert. Want to come?

8 comments:

Madison S. said...

sounds yummy let us know when it is open LOL

Karla said...

YES YES YES!! I love this idea! Especially about the dessert coming with every meal. We will be there.

Gene Holley said...

I think you were in a diet induced stupor! This does sound good, but you better keep the idea for later since you have so much on your plate right now.

Linda Elms said...

I'll be there as soon as you get it OPEN!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMM! cousin sounds good.But you better make two so we can enjoy in town.I will come for grand opening there but after that I want one here.

Joseph James said...

Apparently- accourding to the latest dialogue poll- 42% of Americans drink Skim. (At least for the first three weeks in January until the diets wear off)

jay5in said...

I drink skim with them, I would just have a hard time doing so with cookies. A bit hypocritical maybe...

Anonymous said...

Would there be a rule or some cultural norm that would dictate the process by which one would eat said cookie or would anarchy control this action.

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.