Sunday, January 21, 2007

I have not nor do I now think that I will ever understand a man who would not want to dance with his wife. I find it tearful that the world would treat something so seemingly intimate profane by engaging in the practice with friends, coworkers, complete strangers and the like. I think so fondly of an evening that I can hurry home. Make a fire, dim the lights, find a soft CD and push the coffee table aside. To hold her and softly move to the music. What a beautiful joy I envision - the dance.

There is another dance that I think of today. The dance of initiation and response. From creation the plan and design of God was for man to initiate and the woman to respond. In creation, in relationship, even in physiology God's design is so beautiful when done according to His will. It is so aptly referred to as a dance. Two softly engaging, one leading tenderly, the other respectfully responding. One holding and choosing direction. The other being held and trusting. What a beautiful dance of initiation and response.

Of course the greatest gift is that dance was created to display the ultimate in intimacy. The intimacy that the bride of Christ can find in her Lord's arms. As I prepare for marriage and look to fulfill the role of initiation, I seek even more to find my place in response to my Lord. I long to life a life of grace and beauty, waltzing in His mercy. How I wish for my life to be a clear picture of my Lord gently leading me, my life warmly responding. How I long to learn His slightest leading... how I long for my response to warm His heart for He knows how close I am and how intently I am searching for His initiation.

Except the Spirit draw Him - Initiation. No man commeth unto the Father - Response. When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all that He has done for me - Initiation. My soul cries out Hallelujah - Response. And you shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you - Initiation. Ye shall be witness unto me... and unto the uttermost part of the earth - Response. I long to enjoy the dance of initiation and response with my wife, but I thank you today Lord for the ability to enjoy the greatest fulfillment in You.

6 comments:

bouellette said...

Beautiful comparison

Anonymous said...

Jason, I am sitting here with Mandy reading all about the exciting things God has and is doing in your life...engagement, marriage, etc. The comparison of dancing with one's wife to that of dancing with God, it enlightened me to understand better why we are instructed to 'praise Him in the dance.' I pray God's best to you and Julie and the life together that you have embarked on.

Misty said...

Beautiful post Jason.

Tammy Bryant said...

I feel the love for God and your to be wife all over this post. Thank you for sharing and creating warm fuzzies for me all over again.

jay5in said...

Thanks all for the response as well as you, Sis Orange. You are such a wonderful example of a Godly lady and it shows so beautifuly in the lives of your children. Thank you for your encouragement!

Linda Elms said...

Jason, this was a wonderful and enlightening post! I will see this in my "mind" when I am in HIS presence! Thank you for your beautiful words.

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.