Saturday, March 24, 2007

French Toast

This weekend Julie and I were able to go to Wichita Falls. I got off work last night and picked up Julie. We got some Subway... mmm and got to Mom's house about nine.


I slept as long as I could at Joseph's and came over to start breakfast. I made French Toast and bacon. I thought the bacon would never be done... Dad taught me how to make French Toast. I personally (and Julie agrees) think my French Toast is the best! Whenever I would go to visit her while we were dating I always wanted to cook her breakfast on Saturday morning. At first she didn't want me to, she was afraid she wouldn't like it and not know how to lovingly, but honestly, tell me.

The first time I convinced her to try I made French Toast. Her mom loved it! She started to ask me what I was going to make for breakfast when I was there. Really simple, three eggs for four pieces. A little bit of milk, just a pinch. And then some cinnamon and nutmeg. Always use butter to grease your pan, and cook on medium to low heat. Butter the pan each time you cook a new piece.

Toppings are the FUN!... lol... This morning was a little powdered sugar with bananas and strawberries... It really was perfect. An Ouellette tradition was to put peanut butter and syrup. It is delicious!

7 comments:

Joseph James said...

Everytime you blog it is about food. Why?

Karla said...

I am officially craving french toast now!

Madison S. said...

MMMMMM sounds soooo good. Even the peanut butter and syrup That is what my kids like on pancakes also

Madison S. said...

You have been shazaamed!!! go to http://shahanshazaam.blogspot.com/

bouellette said...

so do you think you make better than Dad? I think they run neck to neck. Taste the same. Love you bunches

Keith and Carla said...

I love french toast, but please leave off the peanut butter! It kills the taste. Keith and the girls love peanut butter on their french toast, pancakes, waffles and anything else they can get their hands on!

Gene Holley said...

mmmm. good, good, good. (but NO peanut butter or syrup...sticky mess, gets on the fork handle, on all your fingers, your shirt, have to take a shower!)

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.