Sunday, March 11, 2007

Believe it or not it has actually been less than a month since my last post. However, it has been made known through conversation, even text's, that how ever long it has been has been to long. And so here it is.

Life changes, sometimes radically. I remember what has now been about ten months ago when I started working in Lawton, OK. I would leave the house anywhere between 6:00 - 6:30 am every weekday morning and get home around 7:00 - 7:15 most every night. I worked a lot and spent my leisure time on the phone with Julie, or hanging out with the guys, or spending time with family. That was all quite a change. The past few months have been even more radical. I have kept the tradition of a long ride to and from work, but the work and frequency has changed. I probably put the same amount of hours in, maybe a little less. Thank the Lord I get paid a little more.

I usually get to spend time each evening with Julie. On Tuesdays the church has a Crisis Care Class (trying to equip the saints to minister to those faced with crisis in their lives). On Wednesday is mid-week service, which consists of singing and Young Married's class ( Bro McLaughlin wanted all of his many engaged couples to join). Thursdays I usually work late and Julie every other has choir practice, and Friday nights have been occasionally helping with youth or traveling or whatnot... Mondays are wonderful! Julie usually has dinner ready when I get in from work and we go and play tennis or go for a walk, and try to sit down and read and study together. It is a wonderful time together...

Along with all these changes or experiences have come so many new lessons. Many are lessons previously taught, and principles that I seemingly understood, but with life and days and coming and going has come and brought a clarity that I hadn't had. A clarity of love and life. Giving and receiving. God and His grace, His mercy, His provision, His love. A clarity of how I need Him. I need thee oh I need thee every hour I need thee.

3 comments:

bouellette said...

Thanks for updating us on your life. You know you are greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

Humm was the text you talked about from me ? Thank you Jason for updating your blog . We all miss you very much . Tell Julie hello from the McFeley's . Love you much .

Gene Holley said...

Good to hear from you.

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.