Thursday, March 22, 2007

In the morning...




There is just something to be said of rising early in the morning. I know I don't love sleep as much as some. My lovely bride, my honorable brother... they seem to study sleep and know it well. I kind of feel like I enjoy it as much as the next guy. I do enjoy it enough to have a hard time getting up, but I love to meet with Him in the morning. I love to read His word, and I find meeting with Him early is different than my time in the evening.



I love this painting. I don't know if it's morning or evening, but I think it beautifully speaks of the times when Jesus would find solitude and pray. I hope your mornings find as much of Him as possible.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Beautiful words and beautiful picture. Who is the artist of this one?

jay5in said...

The Painting is called "In the Wilderness" and it's by Ron DiCianni. He was a very popular Christian painter a few years back. His most popular piece was called "Forgiven", it pictured a man torn and tattered, holding a hammer and nails. The man was weak and being held up by Jesus.

bouellette said...

very beautiful

Gene Holley said...

I agree about the morning prayer time vs. evening. I wish I loved mornings - I do have to get up and go for it - but I wish I LOVED getting up. Once I am up, it is great! Great thought and picture.

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.