Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Internet, it is quite unreal. I mean what in this life compares to a realm in which the vast majority of so much is right at your finger tips. Few really know all that you can experience partially. Amazing that you can come so close to reality as satellite images of your neighbors house, a virtual tour of a hotel room in Cancun, watch Nat King Cole sing unforgettable and get a recipe for lemon crusted chicken but still never come so close to reality as the taste of a simple peanut butter sandwich. No surprise that some get so lost in the vastness and still feel empty...


Any way. I am sitting here looking for wedding songs. And I come across something so silly I have to blog about it...


"Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog" What in the world? Well, it's a palindrome. Just like "mom", "pop" or "Hannah", it is spelled the same backwards as it is forwards. Yeah... I made you look. pretty cool huh... try "I prefer pi". That's a fun one!


I have a thought that has started to really turn in my head. I think it's something of being grown up, responsible... maybe it's something of my mother's strength. It has to do with dealing. Not cards or negotiation, but the kind of dealing you do when you realize that sometimes it doesn't matter how that makes you feel, or how you wish something would be different. That no matter how you look at it, the situation really won't change. Or worse yet, if you don't just deal with it, you will probably just make it worse.


Something of choosing the higher road, the road less traveled maybe even Samuel's more perfect way. Either way America needs more men, more people, if you'll forgive my gender neutrality, that will just be consistent- not because of their feelings, pressures or inclinations, but rather because the moral authority they're standing upon has not and will not change. Because that other guy won't deal, and I'm not better, but I'm also not of his/her world I'm of His.


How's that for one incredibly random post?! :)

6 comments:

bouellette said...

At least it is a post and you know I just love to read anything you will write. Love you bunches.

Karen Prince said...

Interesting, that's what!

Hey, take care of Krispy this week-end!

Karen

Madison S. said...

Hey jason I got on target.com to look at the wishlist. Did you know you are getting married on aug 4th in NH to a tonya???? Funny that there is 2 jason O. same spelling.
Maybe she just has wishful thinking.LOL

Madison S. said...

hey and on BED BATH beyond its kristin on june 24th that is funny

jay5in said...

that is very interesting... I will have to look into that.

jay5in said...

Julie K I changed the links on our wedding blog, so they will automatically open up our registries.

There is no way Kristin, or Tonya could be anymore perfect that my lovely bride...

About Me

My photo
Every now and then I get amazed that God still loves me and speaks to me. And sometimes I still get a little surprised that I married Julie Jones.